Kuberneri (Governor's) Garden

 

Kuberneri (Governor’s) Garden, known also as Lossiaed (Castle Garden), was initially laid down probably in 1773 when the former Toompea fortress was reconstructed for the use of Estonian Province Government.

In 1820, when the castle fortress got partially demolished, the area was redesigned to become a regular‑style beauty garden open to the public. During the 19th century the Kuberneri Garden formed a unified greenery together with the front garden of the castle, which has been destroyed by now.

Last updated: 23.04.2014