Child care service for a child with a serious or profound disability

The aim of the service: to support a parent, guardian or the child's carer, under a family caring contract, with coping and working.

Read moreKuva vähem

Target group: children with a severe or profound disability until the end of the calendar year, during which the child reaches the age of 18, provided that:
• need for care services for the child with a severe or profound disability is described in the child's rehabilitation plan;
• child's care is not guaranteed with other social services simultaneously, except the care of the child in a family, prescribed in the section 251 of the Social Welfare Act;
• the child is not in an educational education at that time.

Service can be provided by a self-employed person, legal person, local government institution, local government authority or an institution managed by a government authority that has valid activity license issued by a county governor of a place of activity of the childminder service provider.
The child is ensured with a care, development and safety by a childminder at the residence of the childminder or at the child's home. The bases of work for the childminder are the parent's, guardian's or carer's instructions and the interests of the child.


To submit an application:

Where to start

Choose a suitable child-minder for your child and agree on the service provision conditions. The Register of Economic Activities provides information about child-minders
Contact the social welfare department of your local district administration where you can fill out the application to receive the service. The application form is also available at

For contact information, choose institution from the list:

Personal identification

Have an identity document and the child's rehabilitation plan with you.

What to do with the form

Give the application with necessary documents to a customer service employee. The decision on service provision is made within ten days. If it is approved, the administration contract will be concluded between the service provider, the applicant and the district administration.


Based on the contract the district administration pays to the service provider by submitted invoices, to the extent established by regulation of the Government of the Republic.

What to do when the result is unsatisfactory:

If you are unsatisfied with the child-minder service, submit your complaints to the provider of the child-minder service. If you don’t reach an agreement you can contact the Harju County Governor with a supervision application.