Most important preconditions for a self-employed person
- Taxi license applicant as a physical person who conforms to the good repute requirement of section 37 of the Public Transportation Act, has to be registered as a self-employed person to the Central Commercial Register and have a certificate of competency of a person responsible for the transport of self-employed person. Application for the entry to the Central Commerial Register is authorised at the notary. To receive a certificate of competency of a person responsible for the transport it is necessary to pass a specific training and an exam beforehand.
- According to section 35 clause 2 of the Public Transportation Act the activity license applicant or the license owner must have a good financial status.
- The activity license applicant or its owner must appoint a person responsible for transport who organizes transport and corresponds to requirements in sections 37 and 38 of the Public Transport Act. The carrier can appoint many persons to be responsible or transport.
- According to section 35 clause 5 of the Public Transportation Act the person responsible for transport has to be a person with active legal capacity and a good reputation who is professionally competent to organize passenger transport and at the operating place of the activity license holder is responsible for work organization, labour income, transport organization, working and rest time management, traffic safety, vehicle safety and environmental protection. The person can be responsible for transfers only for one carrier.
- The person appointed to be responsible for transfers has to pass a corresponding training to receive the certificate of competency.