Youth home service
Youth home service is provided for young persons who have grown up without parental care and are at least 18 years of age. The aim of the service is to prevent coping problems when they start living independently.
The youth home:
• ensures necessary conditions and safety for the young persons to live and develop
• provides counselling and guides the young persons to cope with the obligations of daily lives independently, taking into account the health condition, development level, capabilities and characteristics of every young person.
• provides consultation and guidance concerning daily leisure time activities, educational issues and finding a job;
• maintains contact with the social welfare department and other persons important for the young person;
• monitors the youngster for six months after the young person has started living independently.
The young person is referred to receive the service by a committee at the Tallinn Social Welfare and Health Care Department, upon a proposal from the social welfare section of the young person's local district.
Where to startContact your local social welfare department.
ResultTo prevent coping difficulties of young people in their independent life.
What to do when the result is unsatisfactory:The district elder solves disputes related to the service provision. It is possible to contact the City Government or the county governor if one does not agree with the district elder's administrative legislation.
In case of problems, contact
Tallinna Sotsiaal- ja Tervishoiuamet
Paldiski mnt 48a, Tallinn 10614