The youth home:
• ensures necessary conditions and safety for the young persons to live and develop
• provides counselling and guides the young persons to cope with the obligations of daily lives independently, taking into account the health condition, development level, capabilities and characteristics of every young person.
• provides consultation and guidance concerning daily leisure time activities, educational issues and finding a job;
• maintains contact with the social welfare department and other persons important for the young person;
• monitors the youngster for six months after the young person has started living independently.
The young person is referred to receive the service by a committee at the Tallinn Social Welfare and Health Care Department, upon a proposal from the social welfare section of the young person's local district.