About taxi services in Tallinn
Rights and obligations of parties upon provision of taxi services
(1) Upon provision of taxi services, the driver is required to:
1) place their service provider card on the dashboard in a place visible to the passenger;
2) switch on the taximeter upon commencement of service. If the passenger orders a taxi outside the service area, the taximeter may be switched on at the border of the service area by agreement with the passenger;
3) give the passenger a printed receipt that indicates the name and registry code of the carrier, the registration number of the vehicle, the date of provision of the service, the start and end time, the length of the journey, the prices and discounts used, the volume and cost of the provided service across all the prices and discounts used, and the total cost.
(2) Upon provision of taxi services, the driver is prohibited to:
1) service a passenger with a malfunctioning taximeter or printer;
2) possess or use accessories that may influence the measuring result or reading of the taximeter.
(3) Upon provision of taxi services, passengers may be serviced outside the service area only if the passenger orders a taxi outside the service area and wishes to travel directly to the service area as well as if the passenger wishes to travel to a destination located outside the service area. After the completion of the servicing of the passenger outside the service area, the servicing of a new passenger cannot be commenced there, unless it takes place immediately after completing the servicing of the previous passenger and the passenger wishes to travel directly to the service area.
(4) Upon provision of taxi services, the passenger pays on the basis of the reading of the taximeter, which is formed on the basis of the price list. If the driver violates the provisions of subsection (1) or (2) of this section, the passenger will have the right to refuse to pay.
(5) Upon travelling outside the service area, the making of a reasonable advance payment may be agreed on. The length of the journey is taken into account upon determining the amount of the advance payment. The driver must give the passenger a receipt on the advance payment.
Please submit all claims and suggestions to the Tallinn Transport Department (telephone (372)640 4619 and fax (372)640 4988) or send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.