The deadlines for submitting grants for trainee instructors are 1 June, 30 November 2018.
Target group: undertakings, registered in Tallinn, with principal place of business in Tallinn.
Objective: to stimulate cooperation between universities, institutions of professional higher education, vocational education institutions and companies for organising high-quality traineeships and motivating companies to use experienced workers to instruct students.
Special conditions of grant:
The grant is given for instructing trainees in the following study fields on the basis of the Estonian Standard of Higher Education and Standard of Vocational Education:
- natural and exact sciences (all study fields and programmes)
- engineering, manufacturing and construction (all study fields and programmes)
- humanities and arts (only arts programme group)
The division of studies of professions by study fields and programmes can be found from the study programme register of Estonian Education Information System at https://enda.ehis.ee/avalik/avalik/oppekava/OppekavaOtsi.faces
Requirements to applicant: the company is registered in Tallinn, with primary place of business Tallinn; the location of the professional traineeship is in Tallinn and the company meets the following conditions:
- the company has no tax arrears, incl. local tax arrears;
- no liquidation, reorganisation or bankruptcy proceedings have been initiated against the applicant or a person with dominant influence in regard to it;
- the applicant has been in operation for at least one financial year and submitted at least one annual report to the Commercial Register;
- the number of full-time employees of the applicant is at least 1 based on the recent annual report submitted to the Commercial Register.
Limit of grant:
The grant is given for the remuneration of additional work during the traineeship period, related to instructing the professional traineeship of up to two trainees per one trainee instructor. The grant per instructor shall be given for up to 40 hours of instruction in a week.
The maximum grant amount is EUR 2 per one hour of instruction along with all the taxes and payments to be withheld and paid on the wages.
The limit of grant is EUR 2000 for each applicant in a calendar year.
The grant is given within 100% of coverable eligible costs. The Tallinn Enterprise Department shall make the decision on satisfying or rejecting the application within 20 days as of accepting the application.
The application (later also the final report) shall be submitted through the Tallinn self-service environment for Grants to Non-profit Activities. (User instructions for the self-service environment (264.02 kB)).
The additional documents requested on the application form shall be provided together with the application.
To apply for a card, the following documents should be submitted:
The application (later also the final report) shall be submitted through the Tallinn self-service environment for Grants to Non-profit Activities. (User instructions for the self-service environment (PDF, 253.99 kB)). The additional documents requested on the application form shall be provided together with the application.
- Confirmation from the educational institution that the professional traineeship is taking place (professional traineeship contract, or the like) and the professional traineeship programme, which shall contain at least the following: data about the professional traineeship, the instructor and trainees, venue or venues of conducting the professional traineeship, expected outcome, starting and ending date of the traineeship, number of instructed hours.
- Documents certifying the competence of the instructor (CV and diplomas, licenses, if possible). PLEASE NOTE! The trainee instructor shall have at least 3 years of professional experience and the respective qualification, and shall have concluded a full-time employment contract with the grant applicant.
PLEASE NOTE! The application must be submitted, at the latest, by the first day of the traineeship period!
Processing of applications:
The first stage of processing is a conformity check of the application (eligibility of expenditures, compliance of the application and applicant to the conditions), in the course of which shortcomings may be detected (such as - the applicant does not comply with the procedure, the costs are not eligible, the applicant has tax arrears, etc.). If the applicant is unable to eliminate the shortcomings or does not present the information in time, a decision is made to reject the application. The head of the Tallinn Enterprise Department shall make the decision on satisfying or rejecting the application with their decree (administrative decision) within 20 working days as of receiving the application. The application is satisfied, if the applicant and application conform to the requirements set out in the procedure. The application is rejected if the applicant or the application fails to conform to the requirements set out in the procedure. The administrative decision is sent to the applicant by post/e-mail at the postal/e-mail address specified in the application.
Conclusion of contract:
If the application is satisfied, the applicant has 2 months as of the decision on satisfaction to conclude the contract of trainee instructor of the company with the Enterprise Department.
Payment of grant:
The contract to be concluded between the Enterprise Department and the grant recipient regulates the use and payment of the grant. The grant recipient shall submit the final report (annex to the contract) by the deadline set out in the contract, which serves as grounds for the payment of the grant.
The final report must contain as attachments the documents certifying the completion of project-related economic transaction(s) during the reporting period. An economic transaction is certified with the notification confirmed (signed) by the person with the right of representation of the grant recipient and the trainee instructor, containing information about the remuneration paid to the trainee instructor and its method of calculation (payroll). Payroll shall specify the date when the remuneration is paid. The remuneration for the instruction of the professional traineeship may be transferred as a single payment or each month during the period of the professional traineeship.
Considering that the grant for the trainee instructor is additional remuneration paid to the trainee instructor for instructing the trainee, the expense receipt shall also contain information about the regular monthly remuneration paid to the instructor during the period of professional traineeship.
After submitting an appropriate final report through the Tallinn self-service environment for Grants to Non-profit Activities, the grant is transferred to the current account of the company within 21 days.