Imposition and payment of a late charge
In the event of a failure to pay the parking charge or of exceeding the paid-for parking time, the parking supervision officer shall decide the imposition of a late charge. The late charge shall be paid by the owner of the motor vehicle. The user of the motor vehicle shall pay the late charge when the motor vehicle was being used under a usage agreement or a contract of sale with a reservation of ownership and the details of the authorised user have been entered in the Traffic Register. The late charge rate is € 31. If the parking charge has been paid at a lower rate, the late charge rate shall be € 15.
Contestation of a late charge
If the owner or authorised user of the motor vehicle is of the view that the decision to impose a late charge has violated her/his rights, s/he may, within 30 days from the publication or delivery of the administrative act, file a challenge with the at the City Transport Department of the Tallinn Transport Department, Harju 13, Level 4 (office hours Mon: 2 PM to 6 PM and Thur: 9 AM to 12 noon) or file a complaint with an administrative court.
The challenge shall be filed in accordance with the provisions in the Taxation Act:
The challenge shall be filed in writing, indicating:
1) designation of the administrative authority where the challenge is being filed;
2) name or designation, postal address and telephone / facsimile numbers of the party filing the challenge;
3) designation of the administrative act being challenged and the date of its issuance or the time of the action;
4) content of the administrative act or action being challenged;
5) reasons why the party filing the challenge is of the view that the administrative act or action violates her/his rights;
6) clearly stated application by the party filing the challenge;
7) certification by the party filing the challenge that neither a court decision has entered into force nor court proceedings are in progress in the matter;
8) list of documents being provided with the challenge.
The challenge shall be signed by the party filing it or her/his/its representative. The representative of the party filing the challenge shall provide a document in proof of her/his authorisation unless this has been provided previously.
Relevant documents shall be provided with the challenge. If documents cannot be presented, their location shall be cited in the challenge.
The challenge shall be reviewed by the tax administrator resolving the challenge within 30 days from its acceptance.
Information hotline of the City Transport Department of the Tallinn Transport Department: 640 4995