Tallinn Vital Statistics Department
NB! BECAUSE OF THE SPREAD OF THE COVID-19, THERE WILL BE NO RECEPTION IN THE PREMISES OF THE TALLINN VITAL STATISTICS DEPARTMENT.
From 19.04.2021 we will open reservations to submit marriage applications, please call to make a reservation 645 7483. Information about divorce applications 645 7498. All e-services will function and are available .
Pärnu mnt. 67
Phone: +372 645 7480
Head – Karin Kask
M 8.15 - 18.00
Tu-Th 8.15 - 17.00
F 8.15 - 16.00
Due to the risk of the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), electronic communication must be used instead of direct contact in vital statistics and population register proceedings. Please send the applications to our email: email@example.com .
Please note that the law does not allow the submission of digitally signed marriage applications, divorce applications and applications for personal identification code.
It is OBLIGATORY to wear MASKS and KEEP DISTANCE in the premises of the Tallinn Vital Statistics Department (2 + 2 rule)!
Only the bride and groom and their minor children can participate at the marriage ceremony in the Tallinn Vital Statistics Department.
NB! The departement has the right not to allow people with obvious signs of illness into the building.
Main tasks (Family and population services)
- preparing vital records (birth, death, marriage and divorce certificates, change of first name and surname documents);
- issuing vital statistics certificates and copies of vital records and certificates;
- amending and changing vital record entries and restoring lost vital records;
- organising marriage registration ceremonies;
- maintaining vital records books and the Vital Records Archive of Tallinn;
- performing other local and national tasks associated with vital records that arise from laws and the contract under public law entered into with the Harju County Governor;
- coordinating the work of the of the Tallinn Districts Population Register, methodological instructing and preparing drafts of the relevant legal acts of Tallinn;
- entering certificates of place of residence, vital records documents issued in foreign countries and archival vital records in the Population Register;
- organising cooperation in the registration of population in the state.