Benefit for 1st graders

This is a one-off benefit for children who are starting Grade 1 in Tallinn and whose own place of residence and that of one parent is in Tallinn according to the population register.

An e-application for the benefit can be submitted on the self-service website of Tallinn from 12 September-30 November.

Requirements for obtaining benefit:

  • the child’s place of residence is in Tallinn
  • the child is receiving basic education for the first time
  • the child is enrolled at a school operating in Tallinn
  • the place of residence of one of the child’s parents has continually been in Tallinn since at least 1 January of the calendar year in which the child starts to obtain basic education
  • the parent living at the same address as the child has submitted the application


The benefit (320 euros) is paid within 30 days of the application submission.

You can find information about submitted applications on the website under Minu andmed (My data) – Taotletud toetused (Benefit applications).

  • Log in to Tallinn’s e-service environment and submit an application. The precondition for submission an application via the e-service is that the data of the population register correspond to the requirements for receiving support.

    Personal identification

    A person is identified via their ID card or Mobile ID.

    Application registration

    Follow the application’s progress on the portal. You will know that the application has been submitted correctly when you receive a notification stating “Avaldus on edastatud ja registreeritud” (‘The application has been forwarded and registered’).


    The benefit is paid in two instalments.

    For contact information, choose institution from the list:

  • Fill in the application form.

    What to do with the form

    Submit the application to the social welfare department in your place of residence.

    For contact information, choose institution from the list:

    What to do when the result is unsatisfactory:

    The district elder solves disputes related to service provision. It is possible to contact the City Government or the county governor if one cannot agree with the district elder's administrative legislation.

  • Providers   Service providing location