Contact the city district government of the child’s place of residence. The family’s need for assistance is determined together with a specialist. If the childcare service is determined as an assistance measure, the service provider is selected jointly, and on that basis the specialist may ask that an appropriate application be submitted.
To obtain the childcare service benefit, submit a written application (together with the required documents) to the social welfare department of the city district government of the child’s place of residence.
The free-form written application must include:
- the applicant’s name, personal identification code, place of residence and contact details
- the contact details of the applicant’s representative
- the name of the requested service
- the reason why the service is needed: state the circumstances that explain why the applicant needs childcare provision and why their need cannot be met with other social services or assistance
- the date of applying and a signature
Be prepared to submit the following additional documents about the child to a child protection official or social worker:
- a copy of the decision of the Social Insurance Board on the severity of the disability and the assessment of additional costs
- a copy of the child’s rehabilitation plan (if available)
- a copy of the decision of the Estonian Unemployment Insurance Fund (for children over 16 years of age) on the assessment of their work ability
- a copy of the recommendation of the county or national advisory committee of the Rajaleidja Centre of the Innove foundation
- the child protection official or social worker assesses the need for childcare provision separately for each child. Be prepared for a child protection official or social worker to ask for additional documents or other necessary information about the child that is needed in order to make the decision.