Communication organisation with a separately living parent

The aim of the service is to help the child to maintain or restore direct contact with the parent who lives separately from the parents' marriage or cohabitation ends.


The service includes:
• providing a safe interaction environment;
• counselling for parents
• referral to a child protection official concerning issues with interaction schedule changes or disputes related to called off meetings.
Case work dynamics is documented into the case journal that will be presented to a child protection official at the end of the case, in the form of a written summary. 6-10 meetings take place with every family. Meetings with families take place during workdays between 9.00-18.00 and in special occasions until 20.00. During meetings the family helper will take care of the children in an adjacent room, if necessary.

  • Where to start

    • Contact your local district administration.
    • The service is provided under a communication schedule that has been confirmed by the district elder or a judge.

    For contact information, choose institution from the list:

    Personal identification

    Have an identity document with you.


    To offer the separately living parent an opportunity to interact with his/her child on a neutral ground under a social worker's supervicion.

    What to do when the result is unsatisfactory:

    The district elder solves disputes related to the service provision. It is possible to contact the City Government or the county governor if one does not agree with the district elder's administrative legislation.

  • Providers   Service providing location