Defence of interests of children without parental care

All child related disputes will be settled by the child's local guardianship authority. If a parent endangers the health and life of the child, the guardianship authority has a duty and right, pursuant to law, to arrange the child's future life based on the interests of the child.

The representative of interests of the children without parental care in all child related issues is the guardianship authority, if the child has no guardian (performs a parent's duties).

  • Where to start

    Contact the child protection official in the child's local social welfare department.

    For contact information, choose institution from the list:

    Personal identification

    Have an identity document with you.


    The interests of the child are protected.

    What to do when the result is unsatisfactory:

    The district elder settles service provision related disputes. It is possible to contact the city government or the county governor if there is a disagreement with the district elder’s administrative legislation.

  • Providers   Service providing location