Applying for the grants
The grant application should be submitted through the Tallinn self-service environment for Grants to Non-profit Activities
NB! After logging onto the self-service environment with your ID-card or Mobile-ID, please select Activity grants "Tegevustoetused" (not Project grants "Projektitoetused") from the upper menu bar.
Companies that are registered in the Estonian Commercial Register using a Tallinn address, and meet the following important conditions can apply for grants:
- The applicant has been in business for at least one financial year, and submitted at least one annual financial year report to the Commercial Register;
- The applicant has at least one employee based on the last financial year report submitted to the Commercial Register;
- The company has no tax arrears, incl. local tax arrears.
Grants are provided for the instruction of trainees studying the following fields of study, based on Estonian higher education standards and vocational education standards:
- Natural sciences, mathematics and statistics (all fields of study and curricula)
- Information and communication technologies (all fields of study and curricula)
- Technology, manufacturing and construction (all fields of study and curricula)
- Humanities and Arts (only in the arts field)
The distribution of the specialties by study fields and curricula is located in the curriculum register of the Estonian Education Information System
Grants are given to the internship supervisor for the payment of additional work related to the supervision of the intern during the internship of €4 per one hour of supervision, incl. all taxes and payments to be paid or deducted from salaries.
The volume and grant amount for the internship is calculated based on the number of internship hours agreed in the internship agreement.
The maximum grant amount per applicant per calendar year is €3,000.
The grant is awarded to cover 100% of the eligible costs.
The application must be accompanied by the following mandatory supporting documents:
- Internship agreement or other equivalent document concluded between the educational institution and the applicant (eg: written confirmation letter from the educational institution), which includes at least the following information:: information on the internship, information on the supervisor and intern involved in the the internship, the start and end dates of the internship period, number of instruction hours in astronomical hours
- Internship plan
- Documents proving the competence of the internship supervisor (CV and, if possible, diplomas, licenses, etc.)
NB: The internship supervisor must have at least 3 years of professional experience or be a specialist with the appropriate qualifications, who has a full-time employment contract with the applicant
NB: The application must be submitted at least one day before the start of the internship in the company. Subsequent applications will be rejected.
The time of the internship in the company must be within the period agreed as the internship period between the educational institution and the applicant in the internship agreement.