Residence certification

Due to the risk of the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), electronic communication must be used instead of direct contact in population register proceedings.

Due to the restrictions of keeping the distance, the possibilities for filling the applications in the Tallinn registry offices are limited, please come with a pre-filled application, the forms can be found on this site.

OBLIGATION TO WEAR MASKS AND KEEP DISTANCE (2 + 2 rule) in the premises of the Tallinn registry offices!
NB! The departement has the right not to allow people with obvious signs of illness into the building.


Issuing a residence certificate to a person about himself/herself, his/her minor child or ward.

Presenting a residence certificate to a state agency or a local municipality institution is unnecessary, since they have the access to the Population Register of Estonia

  • Where to start

    You don't need an the certification of place of residence to submit it to a state or local government institution, because they have access to the Population Register. If you still need it go to the service provider.

    Personal identification

    Have an identity document with you.

    What to do with the form

    Submit an application to our official for a residence certificate about yourself, your minor children or wards.


    You will receive the certification of place of residence.

    What to do when the result is unsatisfactory:

    To achieve the desired result follow our instructions.

    For contact information, choose institution from the list:

  • Providers   Service providing location