Green transition subsidy
The purpose of the green transition subsidy is to reduce the impact of urban life and the economy on the climate. With the subsidy, the city wants to promote cycling and support the complete reconstruction of apartment buildings, taking into account energy efficiency requirements.Apartment associations can apply for a green transition subsidy. The green transition subsidy is not a separate type of grant itself, but is made up of the audit grant, the facade renovation grant and the yard maintenance grant.
- the installation of equipment for renewable energy production, energy conversion and energy storage, including solar panels and heat pumps
- the design of factory modular reconstruction of an apartment building
- for the reconstruction of an apartment building with factory modular elements
- Conditions for applying for a green transition subsidy within the facade renovation grant
The applicant has done at least one of the following jobs:
- reconstructed an apartment building using factory-produced structural elements and received an authorisation for use as regulated in the Building Code or submitted a notice of use after construction work was completed
- ordered the necessary project design for the installation of renewable energy production and storage devices in an apartment building from a person who meets the requirements mentioned in §§ 23 and 24 of the Building Code, as required by current legislation
- designed and installed a renewable energy production device to an apartment building (preferably with energy conversion and storage devices).
To receive the grant, the application must be submitted within six months of submitting a notice of use or receiving authorisation of use.
You can apply to receive the grant if the apartment building was built and put into use before the year 2000.
- The amount of the grant
- 30% of the costs related to the installation of renewable energy production, conversion and storage equipment; the maximum subsidy for one apartment building is 20,000 euros
- 70% of the cost of the apartment building’s factory modular reconstruction project; the maximum grant for one apartment building is 30,000 euros
- 30% of the costs of the factory modular reconstruction work and the owner surveillance contracts; the maximum grant for one apartment building is 30,000 euros
To apply to receive the green transition subsidy through the facade renovation grant, go to the facade renovation grant page and follow the instructions.
- building or repairing roads, including sidewalks, using water-permeable pavements
- collecting and draining rainwater
- installing or repairing street lighting
- creating a charging facility for electric cars
- Conditions for applying for a green transition subsidy through the yard maintenance grant
- The applicant can submit their grant application to do the works mentioned in appendix 2, clauses 11-14, before starting them.
- To start the works mentioned in the application, the applicant must have a building permit, consent from a relevant company or a building notification if required according to the Building Code or Tallinn’s legislation.
- The application for the yard maintenance grant must be submitted by 1 March.
- The amount of the grant
- 50% of the cost of the mentioned works, with a maximum of 16,000 euros per calendar year.
To apply for a green transition subsidy through the yard maintenance grant, go to the yard maintenance grant page and follow the instructions.
- energy audit of an apartment building
- performing an audit of the load-bearing capacity of the roof and/or balconies of an apartment building
- Conditions for applying for a green transition subsidy through the audit grant
- The audit meets the requirements mentioned in § 18 of the Building Code and is carried out for the purpose stated in subsections of § 4 section 1 of the regulation for granting support to apartment associations.
- The person who performs the audit must meet the requirements mentioned in subsections 3 and 4 of § 18 as well as §§ 23 and 24 of the Building Code.
- The energy audit report must include an assessment of the apartment building’s condition, the price and amount of heating consumed, an analysis of energy consumption and conclusions on the economic viability of the installation of energy production, conversion and storage equipment.
- The roof and balcony load-bearing capacity audit must include an assessment of the loading capacity of constructions and the possibility of installing renewable energy production equipment on them.
- The audit has been carried out before 1 January 2018.
- The audit has been done for an apartment building that has been built and put into use before the year 2000.
- The amount of the grant
- 70% of the audit cost, with a maximum of €3,000 per apartment building
To apply for a green transition subsidy through the audit grant, go to the audit grant page and follow the instructions.
Green transition subsidy applications submitted through the facade renovation grant or the audit grant are accepted all year while there are enough funds to distribute. In order to apply for the yard maintenance grant, the application must be submitted by March 1 at the latest.In 2024, the budget of the green transition subsidy is 448,400 euros.
The green transition subsidy is part of the implementation of the development document “Climate-neutral Tallinn. Tallinn Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plan 2030”.