Social support and livelihood
See which assistance services and benefits are provided for people and families in Tallinn who are struggling.
- Subsistence benefit - Financial aid for a person or a family to ensure essential resources needed for everyday life (food, clothes, housing costs etc).
- Income-based allowances - Aid for compensating the cost of medication, assistance aids or other tools necessary for life.
Advisory and practical help to achieve better economic viability, answers to work-related and legal questions and psychological support for coping with difficulties in life.
- Debt counselling - Counselling on how to manage and pay off your current debt and avoid new debt.
- Budget counselling - Advising a person and their family on how to manage their money better and avoid debt.
- Legal counselling - Free legal aid for low-income Tallinn residents.
- Crisis support counselling - Psychological crisis aid, crisis hotline
- Employment law counselling - Answers to questions about job contracts, vacation, salary as well as collective employment relationships, help with writing up documents.
Social housing is for people and families that are unable to ensure their own housing and need help with everyday life (social services and benefits).
- Social housing - Housing for people or families who are not able to ensure their own housing and need help coping with everyday life (social services and benefits).
- Support for returning to an independent life - Assisting a person or family and advising them on how to maintain or improve their ability to live independently. Includes housing.
- Shelters - Accommodation for a person who does not have a place of residence, ensuring a temporary place to stay or sleep.
- A day centre for homeless people - A place where a homeless person can spend time during the day and receive support services.
- Soup kitchen - A warm meal once a day
- Saunas - Shower facilities for people who do not have them at their place of residence, sauna service for a fee
- Food aid - Food aid for low-income people and families
Do not hesitate to contact your city district administration about the services and benefits!
Haabersti District Administration
Ehitajate tee 109a
City Centre Administration
Pärnu maantee 8
+372 645 7832
Kristiine District Administration
+372 645 7140
Lasnamäe District Administration
General phone: +372 645 7700
Nõmme District Administration
Valdeku tn 13
General phone: +372 645 7333
Pirita District Administration
Kloostri tee 6
+372 645 7622
Northern Tallinn Administration
+372 645 7071