Tallinn Rental Committee
The Tallinn Rental Committee settles disputes arising from tenancy agreements.
Introduction of the Tallinn Rental Committee
A group of three members from the committee will look over the rent dispute.
- Only a person who has completed the state-recognised curriculum for academic studies in law and passed the exam for becoming a member of the rental committee may become a chairman of the rental committee.
- The condition for being a member of the rental committee is to pass the membership exam.
The rental committee settles disputes that have arisen from tenancy in Tallinn and have not been referred to court before. In order to settle a tenancy dispute, a party to the tenancy agreement (landlord or tenant) of a residential property in Tallinn may apply to the committee.
The judgements of the rental committee that have entered into force are obligatory for both parties to fulfil and, if necessary, an interested party can turn to a bailiff in order to comply with them.
Submitting the application
The Tallinn Rental Committee takes up a tenancy dispute on the basis of a written application from the tenant or landlord. Read more about submitting an application and submit your application.
Submit an application
Here you will find a pre-filled application and see what steps are necessary in resolving the dispute.
The judgements of the Tallinn Rental Committee are public. Judgements that have entered into force are published on the rental committee’s website. A judgement that has entered into force is obligatory for both parties to fulfil. A judgement by the committee which has entered into force shall be enforced through a bailiff in accordance with the enforcement proceedings. See judgements by year (In Estonian).
- See judgements by year (In Estonian)
- Üürikomisjoni otsused 2022
- Üürikomisjoni otsused 2021
- Üürikomisjoni otsused 2020
- Üürikomisjoni otsused 2019
- Üürikomisjoni otsused 2018
- Üürikomisjoni otsused 2017
- Üürikomisjoni otsused 2016
- Üürikomisjoni otsused 2015
- Üürikomisjoni otsused 2014
- Üürikomisjoni otsused 2013
- Üürikomisjoni otsused 2012
- Üürikomisjoni otsused 2011
- Üürikomisjoni otsused 2010
- Üürikomisjoni otsused 2009
- Üürikomisjoni otsused 2008
- Üürikomisjoni otsused 2007
- Üürikomisjoni otsused 2006
- Üürikomisjoni otsused 2005
- Üürikomisjoni otsused 2004
Contact details and office hours
Tallinn Rent Committee
Vabaduse väljak 10, A building, II floor
Secretary of the Rent Committee
Chairperson of the Rent Committee
Member of the Rent Committee:
Member of the Rent Committee
Please register by phone or e-mail.
- Monday 09:00-12:00, 15:00-18:00
- Wednesday 09:00-12:00, 14:00-16:00
- Friday 09:00-12:00