Tallinn Science Park Tehnopol
The aim of this research and business campus is to contribute to the launch and growth of world-class technology companies in Estonia and to support their expansion to foreign markets.
Tehnopol offers an environment for businesses to use as an office location, test solutions and become successful with the support of business development experts. Tehnopol’s vision is to use technology to make Estonia’s economy sustainable. www.tehnopol.ee
Main fields of activity: smart city, green technology, health technology, deep tech
Tehnopol in numbers:
- place of business for more than 200 companies
- more than 120 scale-ups supported by businesses consultation services
- more than 45 start-ups in the Tehnopol Startup Incubator
- more than 500 businesses have graduated from the Tehnopol Startup Incubator programme
- more than 4,800 employees on the campus
- business turnover totals 1.4 billion euros
- business exports total 300 million euros
- 11,000 students and 1,300 scientists close at hand
- 55,000 m² of office and lab space for rent
- 17 conference and meeting rooms
- two research and development centres
- 4 labs and research centres
Ülemiste City – smart city
The largest and fastest-growing business campus in the Baltic States.
It covers a compact area of 36 hectares next to Tallinn Airport. Everyday tasks of businesses and employees are made easier thanks to all of the services available on the campus. Businesses can showcase their services, organise meetings and joint events and establish new and useful contacts.
The International House of Estonia is also located on the campus.
One-third of the campus is developed by Technopolis Ülemiste, of which 51% belongs to Technopolis Plc, a publicly listed Finnish company. The remaining two-thirds is developed by Mainor Ülemiste. www.ulemistecity.ee
Ülemiste Smart City platform for piloting new technologies and service models www.ulemistecity.ee/en/testcity/
Ülemiste City in numbers:
- more than 500 businesses
- 167 000 m² of office space
- 44 226 m² of green areas
- 14 000 employees - 15% of foreign employees from 70 countries
- Yearly business turnover totals 2.5 billion euros
- More than 50% of companies in Ülemiste City cooperates with educational and science institutions, 70% of businesses develop innovative products and services
- 9 succesful TestCity projects completed
- The first health tech accelerator in the Baltics: Health Founders