Public transportation for foreign visitors
The right to travel on Tallinn's public transportation system is provided by a valid ticket or document proving the right to free travel. Uniform tickets are valid on Tallinn's trams, trolleybuses, and busses (route numbers 1-68).
Please find ticket fares valid from 01.01.2011 here.
- The tickets, which can be purchased in advance (at newspaper kiosks, shopping centre information desks), or from the driver when boarding the vehicle, must be validated when boarding the public transportation vehicle. Each ticket is valid for one ride and must be kept until the end of the ride.
- The one-hour tickets and 24-, 72- or 120-hour tickets provide the rider with the right to use the uniform public transportation system from the time the ticket is electronically validated or during the period indicated on the card. They must be purchased in advance.
- 30-day cards can only be purchased in advance and they do not to be validated when boarding the public transportation vehicle.
- Pre-school-aged children and riders travelling with a child under three have the right to ride free.
- Schoolchildren and higher education students (ISIC Scolar, ISIC Student) have the right to discount tickets.
- Tallinn Card cardholders can ride free on the public transportation system while the card is valid.
- Documents proving the right to ride free or with a discount ticket must be presented to the ticket inspector, if a document is not presented, a full-fare ticket must be bought.
- Riders travelling without tickets or those using discount tickets without the required document proving the right to do so will be punished with a fine of up to 40 EUR pursuant to the Public Transport Act.
- Riders are obligated to guarantee that their baggage does not endanger or otherwise disturb their fellow passengers.
Information call no +372 640 14410