Tallinn City Office
Vabaduse väljak 7
15199 Tallinn Estonia
Phone: +372 640 4141
Head of Tallinn City Office Toomas Sepp
The organizational and technical work of Tallinn City Government is provided by the City Office. The head of the City Office is the City Secretary who is appointed by the Mayor of Tallinn.
The structural units of the Tallinn City Office consist of 7 services and 8 bureaus. The Tallinn City Office manages the City Office Service Bureau at Vabaduse väljak 7, and other buildings at Vabaduse väljak 10, Harju 13, City Hall, Roosikrantsi residence, Särgava Guesthouse, and the Jaan Poska house.
|Mon–Thu||8.15 am - 5 pm|
|Fri||8.15 am - 2 pm|
In its work, the City Office is guided by the statutes, according to which its main tasks are as follows:
- organising the City Government’s activities;
- organising the reception of residents by the officials of the City Government and the officials of the City Office;
- organisational and technical preparation of the City Government sessions and ensuring that they are held in accordance with the rules and regulations of the City Government;
- legal servicing of the members of the City Government and the City Office;
- publication and disclosure of Tallinn legislation;
- coordination of the public service of the city, development and implementation of uniform staff, training and remuneration policies for city authorities;
- creation, development and implementation of the city's information technology development strategy;
- drafting the city budget and budget plan, organisation of the implementation of the budget, organisation of accounting;
- preparation and implementation of the city budget strategy;
- organisation of local tax administration;
- collection and distribution of information about the activities of the City Government;
- collection and control of the data submitted by the state and local government authorities to the national register;
- methodological guidance of authorities conducting public procurements on behalf of the city of Tallinn upon their performance, management of such activities in Tallinn, and keeping records of Tallinn public procurements;
- coordination of the integrated internal control system of the city and implementation of management, administrative and financial control.