Tallinn Vital Statistics Department
Pärnu mnt. 67
Phone: +372 645 7480
Head – Karin Kask
Due to the risk of the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) electronic communication should be used instead of direct contact.
Therefore, electronic communication must be used in vital statistics and population register proceedings.
OBLIGATION TO WEAR MASKS AND KEEP DISTANCE (2 + 2 rule) in the premises of the Tallinn Vital Statistics Department.
Due to the restrictions on keeping the distance, the possibilities for filling in the applications in the Tallinn vital statistics department are limited, please come with a pre-filled application, the form of which you can find in our service.
Please note that the law does not allow the submission of digitally signed marriage applications and divorce applications by e-mail.
Up to 25 guests can participate in the marriage ceremony in the Vital Statistics Department and they must wear masks.
NB! The departement has the right not to allow people with obvious signs of illness into the building.
M 09:00 - 13:00 and 14:00 -17:30
Tu 13:00 - 17:00
W, Th 09:00 - 13:00 and 14:00 -17:00
Fr 09:00 - 13:00
23. ja 31.dets.2020 vastuvõtt 9:00 - 13:00; 24.-25.dets.2020 suletud
Main tasks (Family and population services)
- preparing vital records (birth, death, marriage and divorce certificates, change of first name and surname documents);
- issuing vital statistics certificates and copies of vital records and certificates;
- amending and changing vital record entries and restoring lost vital records;
- organising marriage registration ceremonies;
- maintaining vital records books and the Vital Records Archive of Tallinn;
- performing other local and national tasks associated with vital records that arise from laws and the contract under public law entered into with the Harju County Governor;
- coordinating the work of the of the Tallinn Districts Population Register, methodological instructing and preparing drafts of the relevant legal acts of Tallinn;
- entering certificates of place of residence, vital records documents issued in foreign countries and archival vital records in the Population Register;
- organising cooperation in the registration of population in the state.