Residence certification

The electronic communication should be used instead of direct contact in population register proceedings.

Issuing a residence certificate to a person about himself/herself, his/her minor child or ward.

Presenting a residence certificate to a state agency or a local municipality institution is unnecessary, since they have the access to the Population Register of Estonia

  • Where to start

    You don't need an the certification of place of residence to submit it to a state or local government institution, because they have access to the Population Register. If you still need it go to the service provider.

    Personal identification

    Have an identity document with you.

    What to do with the form

    Submit an application to our official for a residence certificate about yourself, your minor children or wards.


    You will receive the certification of place of residence.

    What to do when the result is unsatisfactory:

    To achieve the desired result follow our instructions.

    For contact information, choose institution from the list:

  • Providers   Service providing location