Tornide Square (Towers Square)
Towers Square owes its name to the towers of the Town Wall facing the place. In addition to this one can see the numerous spires of churches from this spot. In the Middle Ages this place was called Nunnakoppel (Nuns paddock) as it belonged to the convent functioning in the buildings of the present‑day Gustav Adolf School. During the 17−8th centuries the earth fortifications and the moat were constructed there. By the middle of the 19th century the fortifications lost there military significance. The moat at this part was filled in with earth in 1864 and the plot got the function of the hayfield. In 1896 the territory was turned into ggpost of the beginning of the 1900th has been well preserved at the park. There were ca 75 species of ligneous plants growing at Tornide Square in autumn 2007.