In an uncertain time, travellers are looking for a sense of security in every aspect of travel. Tallinn Convention Bureau is glad to share the various safety practices in use in the hotels in Tallinn. Many larger chains have also developed their own special safety certificates.
Radisson Blu Sky Hotel – Radisson Hotels and SGS protocol
Radisson Hotels in partnership with SGS have developed a new 20-step protocol for hotels and 10-step protocol for meeting and event spaces. here are some of the many safety measures strictly adhered to in Radisson Blu Sky Hotel:
- Each guest room is provided with a travel-size hand sanitizer.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizing and glove stations have been placed near the front entrance, conference & event spaces and public areas.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequency increased throughout the hotel, paying attention to high-touch items.
- Ensuring physical distancing in meeting and event facilities.
- Strict safety procedures adhered to while serving all food and beverages.
- Coffee machines frequently cleaned and disinfected.
All conference rooms in Radisson Blu Sky Tallinn have new capacity measures. The largest room, Hansa, now has a maximum occupancy of 70 guests, to adhere to the 1+2 system and to ensure the safety of all delegates. Videoconferencing and live broadcast facilities have been set up to provide various options in a modern conference world.
Read more about Radisson Hotels and SGS safety measures.
Hilton Tallinn Park hotel – CleanStay
The Hilton hotel chain created its Cleanstay programme in cooperation with RB, the producer of well-known cleaning brands such as Lysol and Dettol. All public surfaces are constantly disinfected in all Hilton hotels around the world. In addition, all rooms are disinfected twice – once with hospital-grade disinfectants and afterwards with RB products. After cleaning, a CleanStay seal is placed on the door to assure the room has been thoroughly disinfected and that nobody has entered the disinfected room before the guest.
Hilton Tallinn Park Hotel follows CleanStay protocols and guides.
Read more about the CleanStay programme.
Hilton has also launched a special service for meetings and events, aimed at providing a safe and clean environment for any event. Read more about the EventReady with CleanStay programme.
Accor group hotels – ALLSAFE
Allsafe is the safety certificate established by Accor group, together with Bureau Veritas, which provides international testing, inspection and certification services. The following measures are in use in all Accor hotels:
- All employees use safety masks and gloves; clear protective barriers placed at front desk.
- Employees are given comprehensive safety and hygiene training and must keep a 2-metre distance between each other and guests.
- All surfaces are disinfected in guest rooms, and extra care is placed on disinfecting light switches, remotes and door handles.
- Extra care in disinfecting public areas and surfaces, including elevator buttons, door handles and switches.
- Hand sanitizers available in public areas, single use rubber gloves available from reception.
ibis Tallinn Centre and Swissôtel Tallinn are AllSafe certified.
Read more about AllSafe measures.
Radisson hotels – SafeHotels
SafeHotels is an independent International hotel safety certificate established in Gothenburg, Sweden in 2015. To date, hotels from more than 160 cities in 60 countries have acquired the certificate. To qualify for an official SafeHotels certificate, a hotel must pass an assessment conducted on location at the hotel by a SafeHotels representative. The assessment is a comprehensive determination of safety, and the hotel must meet the requirements in six categories:
- Hotel Property Safety & Security Walkthrough
- Process, Training and Organization
- Security Equipment
- Fire Equipment
- Fire Training
- Crisis Management
The following hotels in Tallinn have an official SafeHotels certificate:
Radisson Blu Hotel Olümpia Tallinn
Park Inn by Radisson Meriton Conference & Spa Hotel Tallinn
Park Inn by Radisson Central Tallinn
Read more about SafeHotels
In addition to the above, many hotels in Tallinn have established special safety measures and brought these out on their websites.
Sokos Original Hotel Viru
Hestia Hotel Group hotels (Euroopa, Kentmanni, Seaport, Ilmarine, Barons, Susi)
Unquestay Group hotels (Kreutzwald, Centennial ja von Stackelberg)
Merchant’s House Hotel
For more information about safe business travel to Tallinn, contact
Tallinn Convention Bureau at email@example.com