Estonia’s biggest maritime and family festival the Tallinn Maritime Days begin on 12 July. The programme of the sea festival which takes place at the Old City Marina, the Seaplane Harbour, the Noblessner Harbour and the Kakumäe Marina features more than 200 events for all family members. The Tallinn Maritime Days end on 14 July.
On the first day, the events in the Old City Marina kick off at noon. There are a children’s area and various workshops. The list of performers includes the Tallinn Harbour Choir, the Defence League Tallinn District Orchestra and the band Kompass with the evening rounded off by a concert by Victor Crone and Stig Rästa that starts at 21:00.
The sailing regatta Tallinn Race 2019 is opened at the Seaplane Harbour on Friday at 13:00. Other events during the day include a tugboat show and an open forum on sea-related issues. Evening entertainment at the Seaplane Harbour is provided by Bombillaz, Kruuv and Väikeste Lõõtspillide Ühing.
This year’s Maritime Days are officially opened at the Noblessner Harbour on 12 July at 20:00 with a joint concert by Anne Veski and Reket. The concert is preceded by a performance from Mari Jürjens and succeeded by a performance from Chalice. There is a children’s area open during the day and visitors can attend a training session titled “Journey back to the Ancient Era”.
Good to know:
- We advise visitors to travel on foot, by bicycle, by sea, or use public transport.
- Each harbour and marina has unguarded bicycle parking lots that are designated with appropriate signs.
- On 13 and 14 July there is a temporary bus line No. 81 available that allows visitors to travel between the Kakumäe Marina and the Passenger Port (terminal A). The bus goes twice an hour between 11:00 and 23:30 on Saturday and between 11:00 and 20:30 on Sunday. Further information: www.tallinnamerepaevad.ee/kkk/
- Tickets for sea taxis that travel between the four ports are available only on site right before departure.
- The schedule and ticket information for bay tours and regular passenger services is available at www.tallinnamerepaevad.ee/meresoidud/
- It is advisable to carry cash.
- During the event, the following types of waste are sorted at each collection point: mixed household waste, biodegradable waste, and packaging waste.
The 2019 Tallinn Maritime Days are held from 12 to 14 July with the detailed programme available at www.tallinnamerepaevad.ee/programm