Free Public Transport networking seminar with 20 participants was held in Tallinn EU Office in Brussels on December 6, 2012.
Seminar gathered free public transport cities Aubagne, Hasselt
and Tallinn; representatives from Brussels STIB and
regional offices of Ile-de-France, Tuscany, East-Sweden and
Baden-Würtenberg; institutions like POLIS, UBC transport
commission and National Technical University of Athens.
The presentations covered wide speectrum of ideological
aspects, socio-economical features, best practices of
impelementation and cooperation prospects between European free
public trasport cities.
It was noted:
1. Tallinn, Aubagne and Hasselt will proceed with formation of
Free Public Transport European Network.
2. Hasselt participates in Eurotowns Mobility Task Team seminar
January in Kortrijk to promote free public transport as
potential issue for research project. Tallinn considers
participating in the meeting.
3. Aubagne considers to host Free Public Transport Cities
meeting during the first quarter of 2013, mostly targeting
French cities, but also Torrevieja, Tallinn and Hasselt will be
4. Tallinn drafts a Questionaire for Free Public Transport
Cities to map the profiles and to provide an instrument for
strengthening contacts between FPT cities. Aubagne and Hasselt
will comment the draft.
5. Aubagne, Tallinn and Hasselt confirmed their interest to
initiate project cooperation with other networks and
institutions - POLIS, KTH, ERRIN, UBC etc.
6. UBC Transport Commission confirmed their interest to hold in
a joint meeting in Tallinn of UBC Energy, Environment and
Transport Commissions in April 2013 around the topic of free
Chair of the seminar
Allan Alaküla, Head of Tallinn EU Office,