Project name: SMART-UP BSR - Improving smart specialisation implementation of the Baltic Sea Region through orchestrating innovation hubs
Programme: the Interreg Baltic Sea Region programme
Partners: Partners and associated partners cover the whole Baltic Sea Region consisting of 13 project Partners (PPs) including Russia, and the Associate Organisations (AOs) include 23 actors playing an important role in activities of Smart-up BSR. The Lead Partner is Aalto University from Finland.
Budget: 2,40 Mio euros, including Tallinn`s budget of 179 770 euros (co-financing 26 966 euros)
Description: Smart-up BSR addresses the challenges regions face in implementing their regional research and innovation policies. The results will enable partners and others in BSR to effectively realize their policies in practice, eliminate obstacles and leverage their collective knowledge and expertise to achieve effective regional and transnational collaboration. In addition, results will scale to the Baltic Sea Region as a whole, creating a promising pan-BSR process.
In addition of regional RIS3 strategies and roadmaps, Smart-up BSR project focuses on four thematic content areas and pioneering projects in BSR regions:
- Active Healthy Ageing;
- Smart city;
- Climate change;
- Circular and sharing economy
The project will experiment, prototype and pilot new solutions, using diverse concepts and change management methodologies such as Innovation Camps, prototyping and a development path for orchestrating collaboration in Regional Innovation Ecosystems.
Main Smart-up BSR results include:
- BSR RIS3 strategies and roadmaps updates by regions
- BSR macro regional collaboration and engagement via systemic transnational partnering process
- New instruments and platforms for engagement, value creation and innovation hub development using effective methodologies for realizing RIS3 priorities in practice
- BSR recommendation for macro-regional policies development, implementation and engagement in EC
- Diverse ‘new professionals’ who can facilitate regional actors to work effectively to realize RIS3 innovation processes;
- Improved RIS3 stakeholder engagement, RIS3 realisation efficiency and RIS3 dissemination for wider use in partner regions.
Project website: https://smartup-bsr.eu/
Project contact in Tallinn: Jaanus Vahesalu, Tallinn City Enterprise Department