Medical care and health
Night pharmacies are open Monday – Sunday from 20:00-8:00.
The hotline for the ambulance is 112.
24/7 FAMILY DOCTOR HOTLINE 1220
In English the phone is open every day at 15.00-17.00
The phone is open in Estonian 24 hours a day, including weekends and public holiday
“Paediatrician listening” 8:00-24:00 (1 min costs 1 euro) 1599
- Monday-Friday: 15:00-22:00
- Saturday, Sunday: 08:00-22:00
Choosing and changing your family doctor
Every Estonian citizen and foreign national residing in Estonia on the basis of a residence permit has a right to register themselves with a family doctor and to change their family doctor with a written request. Read more about it on the Health Board’s website.
Home nurse – a service for patients who do not need to be in the hospital, the service is provided based on a note from a family doctor or specialist
- East Tallinn Central Hospital, Ravi tn 18, email@example.com
- West Tallinn Central Hospital, Paldiski mnt 68, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tallinn Children’s Hospital, Tervise 28, email@example.com
SA Tallinna Hambapolikliinik , Toompuiestee 4b, firstname.lastname@example.org provides dental care in Tallinn.
Dental care benefits – Estonian Health Insurance Fund partially reimburses dental care for insured adults. You can use the benefits at the contract partners of Tallinna Hambapolikliinik and the Estonian Health Insurance Fund’s dental care.
Uninsured people can receive primary health care, ambulatory surgery and stationary after-care.
- Primary and ambulatory health care are provided at West Tallinn Central Hospital’s Nõmme Health Centre at Jaama tn 11. Please come to the health centre to receive health care.
The general doctor’s ambulatory office hours are on Monday and Thursday 10:00-12:00.
The surgeon’s ambulatory office hours are 09:00-11:30 on Thursday.
- Stationary after-care will be provided at Kallavere Hospital at Haigla 2, Maardu.
Telephone: +372 606 0870
Substitution therapy for a long-term opiate addict who is at least 20 years old
Counselling services for drug users and their loved ones, rehabilitation, psychological group therapy, creative therapy.
Treatment and rehabilitation for children up to 18 years old with addiction and behavioural disorders residing in Tallinn.